- 1 Think Africa’s Review of the RoC Deep Wrinkle serum
- 1.1 Who is RoC Skincare? What’s so special about RoC Deep Wrinkle Serum?
- 1.2 What are the main ingredients within the formula?
- 1.3 What does the serum do to skin? How to take the most out of it?
- 1.4 What do we like the most about the serum? Is there something we hate about it?
- 1.5 What’s our final take?
Think Africa’s Review of the RoC Deep Wrinkle serum
Nice looking skin doesn’t involve just a proper skin care routine or a healthy diet and drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Using the right cosmetics for the needs of your skin is essential and, in spite of one may think, you don’t always have to pay the high dollar in order to get the improvements you want for your skin.
Who is RoC Skincare? What’s so special about RoC Deep Wrinkle Serum?
Born in the ‘60s, RoC Skincare was developed by a pharmacist and several dermatologists in France that were determined to create more efficient skin care products. it was only 1999 when the brand got to the United States and is currently sold in many mass merchants.
The brand doesn’t back down from its fundamental principles, always developing new technologies and products for our skin care routine.
RoC owns several collections that address various skin issues and many of them are formulated on retinol, which is well-known for its ability to fight against aging of skin. Retinol reduces efficiently the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles, increasing firmness in skin altogether.
RoC Deep Wrinkle serum is based on Hexinol technology which was created in order to address the five most popular signs of aging. They are: sagging, wrinkles, moisture loss, skin discoloration and dullness skin.
Part of the anti-aging skin care regimen, the serum is going to lessen the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles, helping your skin look younger once again. It boosts the skin’s renewal process in skin which is fundamental for a youthful feel on skin.
What are the main ingredients within the formula?
Even though the formula is strong, the serum works for all skin types and is safe even for a sensitive skin.
- Retinol- is a powerful anti-aging agent that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It helps the skin look and feel young again.
- Citric acid-helps the skin tone look better and alleviates symptoms in sunburns. It addresses the acne-prone skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles. It unclogs pores
- Sunflower seed oil-moisturizes the skin due to the high concentration of Vitamin E. it protects the skin from the damaging UVs and comforts the skin. It reduces risk for itchiness and heals a damaged skin.
- Copper gluconate-controls the oil production in skin and eliminates risk for unhealthy shine in skin. It increases tightness in skin and evens the skin tone. It heals the skin and smooths out the scars. It boosts the skin cell renewal and helps the skin get younger. It sustains the elastin and collagen production in skin. It benefits the blemish-prone and oily skin.
- Zinc gluconate- sustains the health of your skin and speeds up the healing of wounds and various skin lesions. It balances the oil production in skin and keeps acne at bay.
- Ascorbic acid-it maintains the damage of UVs under control. It’s anti-aging and reduces inflammation in skin. It gives a healthy radiance to skin and heals the damaged skin. It has moisturizing abilities too.
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein-is a skin conditioning agent that improves the texture of skin.
- Magnesium aspartate-is the magnesium salt of aspartic acid. It’s a mineral that transports the minerals to the skin cells. It’s a chelating agent and a binder.
The serum is non-comedogenic and should be part of your daily skin care routine.
What does the serum do to skin? How to take the most out of it?
Clinical results have showed that after 4 weeks of use, the fine lines were smoothed out and the firmness of skin improved. After 8 weeks of use, the crow’s feet got more difficult to notice. As for the deep wrinkles, it took 12 weeks so that they got visibly reduced.
Cleansing the skin is the first thing to begin with when it comes to proper skin care routine. RoC Daily Resurfacing Facial Disks are a great solution to cleanse, remove makeup and to exfoliate your skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They’re a reliable choice for getting rid of oil, dirt and impurities from your skin as they’re the main reason for dullness in skin.
The serum glides on nice and easy and leaves a nice feel to the skin. It’s easily absorbed into the skin as it has a lightweight consistency. You simply smooth it out on your face and neck once your skin is cleansed and dry.
In spite of what one may expect, the serum isn’t clear, but opaque and its gel-like texture has a nice feel to it.
Using skin care products from the same line is always a wise thing to do for your skin so you should follow the serum at night with RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Retinol Night Cream.
You may include the serum in your daily skin care routine, both AM and PM. A slight tingling or a tightness are normal to experience, especially in the beginning. However, you should stop if you notice some skin irritation. Don’t forget to follow the serum with sunscreen of SPF15 in the morning.
What do we like the most about the serum? Is there something we hate about it?
Reliable and affordable, the serum sure gives us a long list of benefits:
- It’s formulated on retinol
- It includes many ingredients that slow down aging of skin
- It reduces the appearance of fine lines in just 4 weeks
- It minimizes the visibility of crow’s feet and deep wrinkles
- It reduces dullness of skin
- It nourishes and smooths out the skin
- It has a nice consistency and glides nicely on skin
Even though the minor issues aren’t deal breakers to us, it’s useful to always have the full picture:
- The risk for causing breakouts isn’t null
- One with sensitive skin may experience some peeling of the skin
What’s our final take?
Affordable, efficient and easy to use, the serum is going to make fine lines, crow’s feet and even deep wrinkles look smaller in time. Lightweight and also easy to combine with other skin care products, the serum is a safe choice for anyone looking for a younger feel on skin.
Recent products we have reviewed: the Lionesse Amber Eye Luxurious Serum, the Luminesce Rejuvenating Serum, the Lumirance Vitamin C Serum, the Ingrown Hair Serum by European Wax Center, the Avalon Organic Intense Defense with Vitamin C Serum Solution.