Dudu Osun Black Soap Review by Think Africa
You may have heard until now about the amazing benefits of black soap on skin, but did you try it? If this is your first, put your trust and faith in a popular and well-known black soap like the one from Dudu Osun.
What is Black Soap by Dudu Osun? Is it good for the Black skin?
The Soap by Dudu Osun is made after the traditional and ancient recipe for the black soap and it’s made especially for treating the African-American skin.
The formula is powerful, yet gentle so the soap addresses various skin conditions, without causing side effects. It’s an all-body soap that restores a damaged skin, whitens fade spots and even diminishes fine lines and wrinkles.
You can confidently use the soap to keep eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, freckles, dermatitis or dark spots at bay.
The soap is a safe choice for all skin types and its formula is efficient for most.
What’s so special about its formula?
The list of ingredients for the soap is quite long, but it sure explains why does the soap work and it’s a common choice for many.
- Shea butter- it has anti-inflammatory abilities and it’s a great moisturizer for the skin. It smooths skin and leaves it nice and soft.
- Palm kernel oil- it cleanses the skin and moisturizes it at the same time. It diminishes the fine lines and wrinkles due to its anti-aging properties.
- Aloe vera- it’s an efficient moisturizer that comforts the skin, alleviating symptoms in eczema or psoriasis. It fights against premature skin aging and minimizes the appearance of stretch marks. It keeps acne under control and heals the sun burns.
- Lime juice- it’s anti-bacterial and is able to cleanse the skin and tighten the pores. It removes the dead skin, leaving your skin healthier and younger looking.
- Lemon juice- it clarifies and moisturizes the skin. It brightens the skin and bleaches the dark spots. It eliminates black heads and shine as it’s a great exfoliator for the skin too.
- Honey- it cleanses pores, while exfoliating and moisturizing the skin. It fades out scars and controls acne-prone skin. It repairs the damaged skin and sun burns, hydrating the skin very well.
- Osun (camwood)- it evens the skin tone and leaves a nice glow onto your skin. It addresses acne, rashes, blemishes, and sunburns. It detoxifies the skin and works against aging. It nourishes and sooths the skin, presenting also anti-inflammatory abilities.
Due to all of these ingredients, the soap is able to work on various skin conditions, no matter the skin type. It repairs a damaged skin and keeps symptoms of skin conditions under control.
As if this wasn’t enough, the formula of the soap doesn’t include artificial colors nor preservatives, becoming a safe choice for the sensitive and dry skin as well. The soap has never been tested on animal and it’s entirely bio-degradable.
How to get the best out of it? How does it feel onto your skin?
We like the soap as it suds up well and its lather is quite nice. Many use it as a shampoo also and the soap is safe to use on the entire body.
As for the smell, due to all of its natural ingredients, we’d say the scent is rather unisex. However, the scent isn’t just neutral, but also not permanent so it doesn’t linger for long on your skin. This way, you can totally combine the soap with other cosmetic products.
The soap doesn’t melt fast so it’s going to be long until you’re all done with it. In order to extend its life span, it’s better to keep it in a dry place when you’re done with it.
Addressing to all skin types, the soap leaves a nice squeaky feeling onto your skin. Even though it’s not designed for that, some use it for removing make-up too. Skin reacts differently so the best way is to pay attention to it to see if it’s working for you on that or not.
The soap is strong, yet gentle on the skin. It doesn’t stain your shower and may become an important step for solving your skin conditions.
What are our takeaways?
As it comes with so many benefits for the skin, listing the pros isn’t that easy. Nevertheless, some things should stick with you:
- The soap is made with natural ingredients
- It works on various skin conditions
- It addresses all skin types
- It fades fine lines, dark spots and keeps acne at bay
- It has a neutral scent
- It suds up well and leaves a nice feel onto the skin
Bells and whistles aside, we do have some comments to make. However, the minor cons are far from becoming deal breakers:
- It can leave a residue if you’re not rinsing it well
- It may dry the skin in some situations
What’s the last thought about it?
The Black Soap by DUDU Osun is a great choice for all skin types and manages to maintain the African-American skin smooth, clear, clean and problem-free.