- 1 Think Africa’s Review of the PCA SKIN Pigment Gel
- 2 What is the PCA Skin Pigment Gel and when to use it?
Think Africa’s Review of the PCA SKIN Pigment Gel
If you’re looking to get rid of dark spots from your African-American skin, a reliable and performant option would be the PCA SKIN Pigment Gel.
What is the PCA Skin Pigment Gel and when to use it?
The serum is especially designed and formulated to help your skin look and feel healthier and better. It addresses some specific skin issues and it’s not formulated with hydroquinone.
You can use the serum if you’re trying to minimize discolorations and get an evener skin tone. It’s a safe choice for anyone sensitive to hydroquinone and gives results with constant application.
What are its main ingredients and what do they do for your skin?
Apart from the fact the serum is safe for anyone sensitive to hydroquinone, the formula is based on ingredients that are well-known for their whitening abilities.
- Phenylethyl resorcinol- this is a synthetic compound that works as an antioxidant for the skin. It’s obtained from the natural lightening compounds from the scotch pine bark. It’s able to even skin tone and was developed by Symrise researchers. It has a big influence on the formation of pigmentation and works for whitening the skin.
- Azelaic acid- it’s a great anti-bacterial agent that works amazing against acne. It’s strong enough to stop the growth of bacteria, which is why it’s so efficient against inflammation. It sooths and calms symptoms in rosacea so it helps with calming the skin in various skin conditions.
- Kojic Acid- it’s also antimicrobial and has anti-fungal abilities as well. It whitens skin and fades out age spots, scars and sun spots. It works when fighting acne and is able to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Additionally, the formula of the serum doesn’t include any irritants or dyes either. It’s a safe choice for the sensitive skin and safe for most skin types.
The serum doesn’t have fragrances so you may easily combine it with other cosmetic products. It has never been tested on animals either.
How to include the serum into your daily skincare routine?
You may perfectly use the serum twice a day. Some recommend follow it with a moisturizer, as it may be a bit drying for one.
Many are washing the face, drying and apply the serum only afterwards. However, you should always pay attention to your skin’s reactions and act accordingly.
When your skin dries, maybe you should reduce it and only apply it at night. The results are going to show after a while and some got results after just 2 weeks of use.
It’s important to go slow on the serum and not to force your skin. The serum is lightweight and it’s easily absorbed by skin. It doesn’t lead to break outs and once the results show up, they are long lasting.
Some even started using less make up after using the serum. It leaves your skin glowing and healthier looking.
The serum comes in a small bottle and it’s easy to use and store.
Try to always stay away from the cheek bones and the eyes. It may give a tingly sensation in the beginning, but it’s only until your skin adjusts to it.
Keep in mind to also use a good sunscreen after applying the serum. As it’s powerful, it can make your skin more sensitive and prone to sunburns.
Here’s what to keep in mind next time you’re in need for a whitening serum on your black skin.
The ups would be:
- The serum is made with powerful ingredients
- It doesn’t include hydroquinone
- It whitens dark spots and makes the skin look younger
- It’s safe for the sensitive skin
We’re not worry about the inherent downs, but we owe it to you to mention them:
- Some may not go for the tingly sensation in the beginning
- You need to follow it with a moisturizer in case it dries the skin
Our last thought on the serum
If you’re determined to get a hydroquinone-free serum to whiten various dark spots on your skin, this one is quite a valid option. On top of everything else, it’s also going to make your skin look younger and healthier and who wouldn’t want that?
Our latest cosmetic product reviews: the Dermaceutic Light Ceutic Skin Toning Night Cream, Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Cream, Ahava Time to Smooth Tone Moisturizer, R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo review, the Clinicians Complex 6% Skin Bleaching Cream.