Think Africa’s Review of the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Serum
Only by developing a proper skin care routine isn’t going to cut it for your skin. Sure, it may help a lot to follow religiously the important steps when taking care of your skin, but it’s also essential to use the right and the effective skin care products.
No matter what you may think, paying the high dollar is worth it (most of the time, anyway) so using a more expensive Vitamin C serum, for instance, could mean a big difference for the appearance and well-being of your skin.
Is Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Serum any special?
It’s a definite “yes” right from the start as the Ferulic Serum from Skinceuticals manages to protect your skin from the outer stressors. It’s powerful enough to minimize the damage of free radicals and provides impressive anti-aging benefits. It diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improves the firmness of your skin and brightens your skin complexion altogether.
Due to its formula, once the serum is absorbed into the skin, it remains efficient for at least 72 hours, surpassing any other Vitamin C serum performance.
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients!
The C E Ferulic Serum from Skinceuticals is formulated on an antioxidant combination of 15% pure Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid), 1% vitamin E and 0.5% ferulic acid. They work together for protecting the skin against the damage of the free radicals that cause the atmospheric aging.
- Vitamin C- neutralizes the free radicals from the UVA/UVB, ozone pollution, and infrared radiation that lead to obvious signs of accelerated skin aging. It brightens the brown spots and lowers the effects of photo damage. It shrinks pores and gives your skin a healthy glow. It improves your skin complexion and brightens skin tone. It increases elasticity in skin, for a younger appearance.
- Vitamin E- is great for reducing the visibility of wrinkles and fine lines. It whitens the dark spots and comforts the dry and rough skin.
- Ferulic acid- minimizes the damage of sun on skin and protects the skin. It also improves the antioxidant benefits of vitamin C and E.
- Sodium hyaluronate-doesn’t irritate the skin and moisturizes the skin. It’s great for all skin types and helps the skin hold onto water. It helps the skin replace hyaluronic acid lost caused by the skin aging process and sun exposure
- Propylene glycol-maintains the serum’s properties. It helps the other ingredients work better together.
We also have to mention that the serum is paraben-free and safe to use on normal, dry and sensitive skin alike.
What’s to say about the use? How does it feel on skin?
You should start with cleansing properly your skin. It’s always better to go with the same line of cosmetics on your skin, for better and faster results. Take a look at the Skinceuticals LHA Cleansing Gel.
Once your skin is dry, 4-5 drops of the serum are going to be enough for your face, neck and décolleté. Use gentle motions and let the serum completely dry. As it’s lightweight, the serum is easily absorbed into the skin. The smell isn’t the strength of the serum, but it fades away pretty fast so you shouldn’t worry about it.
A little goes a long way and the serum is going to last more than expected.
It’s important to moisturize after the serum so don’t hesitate to apply the Skinceuticals Daily Moisture.
Keep in mind that L-ascorbic acid may change its color in time, but oxidation is minimal and the formula maintains its properties. The serum has been tested in final packaging, just like all the other Skinceuticals antioxidant formulas, and it’s confirmed that it remains stable and efficient for 36 months and up to 6 months after opening.
What are its pros and cons?
The serum brings plenty of good things to the table so here are the pros:
- It neutralizes free radicals on the upper layer of your skin, minimizing damage of ozone to skin
- It diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- It brightens skin tone and improves your skin complexion
- It protects the skin from future damage
- It’s effective and works for all skin types
The minor issues are far from being deal breakers:
- It’s not an option for the tight budget
- Some may not go for its smell
What’s the verdict?
Even though the serum may seem pricey, for its impressive performance and durability, it manages to always stand out as a wise investment for anyone’s skin.