- 1 Think Africa’s Review of the R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo
- 2 What is R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo? What does it do for your hair?
Think Africa’s Review of the R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo
We live in an era when everything happens very fast and we barely get the time to take care of our hair, skin or ourselves altogether.
A dry shampoo is a great choice when you want to give your hair a fresh feel and wait a bit longer until you wash your hair with your typical shampoo.
What is R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo? What does it do for your hair?
The dry shampoo is very efficient for absorbing and eliminating the excess oil from your hair, almost instantly. It also gives a nice body and texture to your hair, increasing its volume as well.
You’d want to use the dry shampoo whenever in need to increase the volume of your hair, but also to make it look nicer and fresher.
What are the ingredients within the formula?
The list of ingredients stays behind the efficiency of the dry shampoo and some of them sure deserve a closer look.
- Rice protein-it’s sourced from Brazil. It increases the volume of hair, adding a nice and natural shine to your hair. It highlights the hair and raises its ability to bind moisture. It makes the hair easier to manage and more flexible too. It strengthens hair and nourishes from root to tips.
- Vitamin E-it’s loaded in antioxidants which strengthen and nourish the hair. It increases the blood flow and sustains the health of your hair. It prevents hair loss and balances the oil production. It gives a natural shine to your hair and sustains the health of the scalp. It’s a great ingredient for the dry and damaged hair.
- Silica-it’s a reliable ingredient that eliminates and absorbs excess oil. It’s a micro-nutrient that rejuvenates a thin hair and takes care of a dry scalp. It improves the health of hair and scalp.
- Pro-Vitamin B5- it’s an amazing ingredient for the health of your scalp and hair, preventing hair loss at the same time
- Aluminum starch- it’s an anti-caking agent that lessens the greasy shine and takes care of the viscosity.
Along with the fact the dry shampoo is made with this highly efficient ingredients, the formula is also safe to use for all hair types.
The formula is vegan and doesn’t include mineral oil, parabens, sulfates (no SLS or SLES), petroleum or gluten.
The dry shampoo is cruelty-free and offers UV protection as well.
How to use it? What’s to keep in mind when using it?
We really like the dry shampoo also because of its smell that is a bit strong, according to some. The combination of Wild Fig, Bergamot, cedar wood, lotus flower and Tonka beans create a pleasant and noticeable scent that goes away after a while. Many go for the clean tropical coconut smell, so it’s a tie on the smell.
A little goes a long way so you’re going to be able to use it for quite some time. However, it’s important to keep in mind some safety tips:
- Don’t use it near your eyes
- Protect it from sunlight
- Don’t expose it to temperatures higher than 120F degrees
- Don’t pierce/burn it even after use
- Keep it away from heat/open flames/hot surfaces/sparks
The dry shampoo doesn’t leave a white residue nor greasy feel, as long as you’re using the right amount of it. It doesn’t feel tacky on your hair and adds a nice volume and shine to your hair.
The dry shampoo comes in a nice package and it’s very easy to use.
What are the most important qualities? What about its flaws?
The dry shampoo has many good things attached to it and listing them is helping you when shopping:
- The dry shampoo is made with several efficient ingredients
- It absorbs and removes the excess oil from your hair
- It gives volume, body and nice shine to your hair
- It smells very nice
- It’s easy to use
- It doesn’t leave a tacky feel nor white residue on your hair
As for the parts we like less, they aren’t major and sure aren’t as many as you’d think:
- Some really don’t go for …its name
- One may think the smell is too strong. Smell is a personal matter, anyway.
- It’s not quite the cheapest option out there
What’s the last thing to mention?
The dry shampoo gives nice body and volume to your hair and the shine is rather natural. The smell is impressive and gives you the salon feel when using it on your hair. All of these aspects do compensate for the price tag and the weird name, if that’s even something to notice as downside.
Our latest cosmetic product reviews: the Nexxus Diametress Leave-in Conditioning Crème, the Elta MD SPF 46 Sun Screen, the Dermaceutic Light Ceutic Skin Toning Night Cream, Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Cream review, Ahava Time to Smooth Tone Moisturizer.