- 1 Think Africa’s Review of the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum
Think Africa’s Review of the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum
Tiredness, sun, stress and all sorts of outer stressors are just some of the reasons for which our skin starts losing its radiance and younger feeling.
Fine lines, dullness and wrinkles are the first signs of aging in our skin and it’s important to try fighting the aging process …right after we’re born.
Joke aside, it’s always better to be one step ahead even in the case of skin care routine and one thing you cannot complain about it is not having enough solutions.
Who is Neutrogena? Why is Neutrogena Boost Serum so special?
Neutrogena is, for sure, one of the most popular skin care brands out there and it’s also one that many dermatologists recommend. It’s a brand of Johnson& Johnson Consumer Inc. and its products are sold in more than 70 countries.
Checking not only the boxes of quality, but also the one of affordable prices, Neutrogena is one brand not to overlook when you’re shopping.
The Neutrogena Hydro Boost line is another collection of the famous brand that includes skin-drenching products. formulated on hyaluronic acid, the products within the Neutrogena Hydro Boost plump your skin within seconds, for a fresher and younger feel of your skin.
Boosting hydration for a suppler and smoother skin throughout the day, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum soaks right into your skin, quenching your skin. It hydrates your skin for all day long and gives your skin that healthy radiance you’ve always wanted.
Oil-free and non-comedogenic, the serum works great with the other Hydro Boost products and is a great value for the money.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients!
Hyaluronic acid is the main ingredient within the formula and is able to go to the root cause of your dry skin. You’re going to give your skin the hydration it needs, without clogging pores.
Here’s what’s inside the serum:
- Sodium hyaluronate-is the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid. As we all know, hyaluronic acid is naturally produced by our body and its levels decrease as we’re aging. The lack of hyaluronic acid in skin translates into the fine lines, dry skin or dullness.
Hyaluronic acid is one of the ingredients that gives our skin volume as it holds onto water and when we don’t have enough of it, our skin looks aged and wrinkles. It’s an important ingredient in any anti-aging skin care products.
Sodium hyaluroante isn’t irritating to skin and it’s great as it doesn’t leave a greasy feel on skin. It works great when combined with various hydrating ingredients, creating that protective barrier that our skin needs. It helps skin hold on to water and plumps it, for a younger appearance.
- Sorbitol- is derived from fruits and it’s in fact a sugar alcohol. It gives the serum a nice fragrance and keeps the skin well moisturized. It hydrates the skin and benefits the dry skin.
- Citric acid- improves the skin tone and is a great ingredient for the acne-prone skin. It makes the wrinkles less noticeable and unclogs pores. It brings comfort in sunburns.
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract- is an extract from a plant and sooths the skin. It’s a good anti-oxidant too.
- Zinc gluconate- reduces acne and lowers the risk for reoccurrence of acne. It promotes healthy skin and heals skin lesions and wounds. It controls the oil production in skin.
- Copper gluconate- regulates the skin’s natural sebum and minimizes shine in skin. It tightens pores and evens the skin tone. It increases skin’s healing properties, reducing the visibility of scarring. It sustains the skin cell renewal and gives the skin a younger feel. It increases the collagen and elastin production. It’s an effective ingredient for oily and blemish-prone skin.
- Chondrus Crispus Extract-is a reliable conditioning ingredient and helps with the light texture of the serum. It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals that promote a healthy skin. It protects the skin against the UVs and it’s a common ingredient in sunscreens.
- Magnesium Aspartate-is in fact magnesium salt of aspartic acid, which is a mineral supplement. These salts are mineral transporters that metabolize cells. It helps in transportation of minerals to skin cells. It’s a binder and chelating ingredient.
What are the things to keep in mind when using it?
First thing to do is to cleanse your skin. Give your skin a good cleansing with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Cleanser.
You only need a bit of the serum as a little goes a long way. Apply it evenly all over your face and neck. The serum has a silky feel and leaves a nice soft touch feel to the skin. It soaks right into your skin and doesn’t leave any greasy or sticky residue. It hydrates and softens skin, leaving it hydrated and fresh.
The serum has a pleasant smell and leaves a nice sheer feel onto the skin. It’s great for the dry skin. It comes out cloudy white and it’s lightweight.
If your skin is dry, improve the serum’s results and follow it with Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Face Gel Moisturizer for Dry Skin.
The serum layers very well with other skin care products and goes on smooth right under your makeup.
What are the ups and downs about the serum?
The serum sure delivers plenty of good things and here are our pros:
- It’s formulated on hyaluronic acid
- It plumps and smooths the skin for long time
- It hydrates the dry skin and gives it a fresh feel
- It’s lightweight and easily absorbed into the skin
- It leaves a sheer feel onto the skin
- It combines great with other skin care products
- It works right under the makeup
- It’s great value for the money
We’re not changing our mind over some inherent flaws, but it’s only fair that we list them:
- The risk for some itching isn’t null
- It may not work on the deep wrinkles
- One may not go for its smell, but this is a personal matter
What’s the final verdict?
All in all, as it’s well priced and great for hydrating and plumping your skin, the serum isn’t just a valid option for many, but also money well spent at the end of the day.
Recent products we have reviewed: the Luminesce Rejuvenating Serum, the Lumirance Vitamin C Serum, the Ingrown Hair Serum by European Wax Center, the Avalon Organic Intense Defense with Vitamin C Serum Solution, the RoC Deep Wrinkle Serum Review.