While you may see the chemical solutions as the last option for whitening your black skin, you may still want to give a try to natural remedies. Some can give impressive results and you only need the patience and the will for preparing them.
As yoghurt is a byproduct of milk that includes many nutrients that work well for your skin, you should give it a chance. It contains lactic acid and typically has bleaching abilities.
Another thing that is great about yoghurt is that it works on all skin types so you don’t need to worry about giving you break outs or drying out your skin.
You may nicely rub the yoghurt on the surface of your skin and leave it there for 10 minutes or so. Rub the yoghurt off. You don’t need to do it very often as once a month may be enough. Use it until you start noticing the changes on the complexion of your skin.
Step up your game and add one tablespoon of fresh yoghurt to one tablespoon of honey. Apply this mixture on your body and mostly on your face and neck. Let the mixture work for 20 minutes and rinse off well with water.
In order to see the obvious effects, you need to do it daily for a month.
The most important ingredient in oranges that works for whitening the skin is Vitamin C, but that’s not the only thing working when using oranges. A regular consumption of oranges may improve your skin tone, while working on its suppleness as well. Here are two solutions that you may try at home:
- Grind into powder two orange pills. Mix a tablespoon of the powdered peels with a tablespoon of yoghurt and make a paste. Apply the paste on your skin and let it work for 20 minutes. Use plenty of water to rinse it off. The spots are going to whiten and you may need to do it once a week for better results.
- Combine two tablespoon of orange juice with a pinch of powdered turmeric, applying this mixture on your face before you go to sleep. You may also apply the mixture on your legs and hands. Don’t forget to wash it off after 30 minutes, though.
Honey is a great component in bleaching the skin and it also works as moisturizing agent. Sometimes, the drying of your skin may cause an uneven ski tone.
Let’s not forget also that honey has antibacterial properties and helps you get rid of acne scars and age spots.
You may apply honey on your face and leave it there for a couple of minutes. You may wash it with some warm water. This way, you’re going to remover dead cells on your skin, making your skin look brighter and fresher than ever. You should include this method in your daily routine.
You can also make a mixture of teaspoon of honey, lemon juice, powdered milk and almond oil. Mix the ingredients very well and apply the mixture on your skin for 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water when time is up. You only need to do this once a month.
Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera gel includes vitamins C, A and E which are antioxidants that protect your skin, controlling the production of free radicals. It’s the free radicals that damage skin cells so Aloe Vera Gel is able to minimize aging signs, while brightening dark spots and blemishes. Keep in mind to always use natural or organic Aloe Vera gel as it’s free from harmful chemicals.
Here are some home remedies that you may try:
- You may mix 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel with 1 tablespoon of honey and leave it on your cleaned face. Allow the mixture to work for half an hour and rinse it off with some water. You may do this daily as the mask moisturizes and lightens your dark spots at the same time.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and leave the paste on your face for 30 minutes or so. Rinse it off in the end and include the ritual in your daily routine.
- Cut the outer layers of the Aloe Vera by squeezing out the jelly like substance. Apply this gel on your skin and leave it there for 30 minutes. Wash it all off with some cold water. Twice a week is enough for this method to work.
Papaya includes papain enzyme, which is a protein-dissolving enzyme that fights naturally against acne. This ingredient is essential in skin renewal and skin whitening, giving your skin a nice glowing look. It also works as an exfoliating factor, moisturizer and skin softer as well. Papaya addresses to all skin types, so it’s highly versatile too.
- Mix one tablespoon of papaya pulp with ½ tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and put it on your cleaned face. Let it work for 20 minutes or so and rinse it well with water. You may do every day as the mixture absorbs excess oil, leaving your skin shine free and blemishes free as well.
- You may turn the papaya pulp into a smooth paste and apply it on your cleansed skin. You should allow it 20 minutes for working. Rinse it well with water and include the process in your daily routine.
- Mix 1 tablespoon papaya pulp with 1 tablespoon honey when you want to hydrate deeply your skin. After 20 minutes of action, rinse the mask off with normal water. You may do every day.
The vitamin C in the lemons minimizes the appearance of dark spots or patches and other types of sun damage. Lemons also include citric acid that works as a chemical exfoliate, removing acne and dead cells. All of this process results into a lighter skin later on.
Here are some remedies to try at home:
- Mix one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and 2 tablespoon of honey. Apply this on your cleansed face for removing dark spots. Honey is great for skin as it also hydrating it, while removing dead skin cells as well. You may try every day.
- Cut a lemon and get all the juice out of it. Add ½ tablespoon distilled water to the lemon juice and use a cotton to apply it on your cleansed skin. Let it work for 15 minutes and wash it off in the end. You should apply your regular moisturizer afterwards. You may do this daily, mostly if your skin is sensitive type.
- Make a paste out of 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of cucumber and apply it on your cleansed face. Cut out a small cucumber (peel it first), put it in the blender with lemon juice and make a fine paste that you’re going to use daily. Cucumber soothes an irritated skin, cleansing the clogged pores and removing the dead skin cells, softening your skin.
Keep in mind that lemon juice may irritate a sensitive skin and sting on a wound or some open cuts. It’s best to make a patch test before applying it to your skin. It’s also wiser to use it in the evening or at night so that you minimize side effects of sun exposure.
Many cosmetic products use turmeric in their formula. Vitamin C from turmeric is whitening the dark spots and patches, while keeping your skin firm and tight, due to collagen production. Turmeric is also a safe choice for all skin types.
Scroll down for some natural remedies that are easy to make at home:
- Mix ½ tablespoon of turmeric with 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel to lighten your skin. Aloe Vera is great for dry and sensitive skin, soothing an irritated skin and moisturizing it at the same time.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, making a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your neck and face and let it work for half an hour. Rinse it off well and repeat it every day. The mask is efficient for oily skin as lemon is going to absorb the excess oil, whereas honey moisturizes the skin. Turmeric is going to exfoliate the dead skin cells, giving your skin a glowing and brighten appearance.
Gram flour is a great ingredient that whitens the skin as it’s full of nutrients that maintain your skin nice and healthy. It’s a great idea to include gram flour remedies in your daily skin care routine especially if you’re trying to get rid of excess oil.
Mix some gram flour with a small amount of water, until you get the consistency of a thick paste. Apply the paste on your hands, face and legs. Leave it there until it dries completely and don’t forget to wash it well off with some water.
A fair conclusion
There are many natural ingredients that may help you brightening your skin. If you are patient and dedicated, it’s only a matter of time until you see the results. Nevertheless, remember that every skin is different so you need to pay attention to your own so that you may adjust the natural remedies to its needs.