- 1 Think Africa’s Review of the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing serum
Think Africa’s Review of the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing serum
Hormonal changes, impurities, dirt and excess oil in skin are some of the reasons for which blemishes and acne are developing on skin. A poor diet doesn’t do you any good either and it’s important that you tackle the root of the problem right from its source.
Truth be told, using some makeup to cover up the unpleasant blemishes is a great on-the-go solution, you still want to go to the root of the problem and eliminate blemishes from deep within your skin.
Why choose Juice Beauty? Why go with Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum?
Buying the name in 2004, Karen Behnke is the name and force behind the Juice Beauty brand and the one who was determined to create natural and organic formulas that were as effective as conventional beauty products. She came up with a team including microbiologists, PhD chemists, and physicians that worked really hard for developing the right Juice Beauty’s chemistry.
Karen Behnke really thought that a formula based on vitamin-rich organic botanical juice and an antioxidant and powerful skin care ingredients is going to give impressive results. After several testing rounds, the company managed to patent the Green Apple Peel and to make everyone in the cosmetic industry talk about it.
At the moment, Juice Beauty gives us award winning skin care and makeup products that comply with the USA organic regulations and stay true to the eco-values of the company at the same time. Their products are made with ingredients from West Coast certifies organic farmers and only manufactured in the USA, using solar and wind power. The company uses sustainable containers and only prints with soy ink.
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing serum is created to reduce breakouts and to even your skin tone. It’s a strong serum that unclogs pores and is formulated on organic fruit acids and several powerful ingredients that improve the skin complexion.
The serum is going to renew your skin and clear up it too. It’s designed to work on combination and oily skin, but also on blemish-prone skin.
Fighting the free radicals thanks to the vitamin E and B5 within the formula, the serum smooths out the skin as it also contains CoQ10. It soothes and hydrates your skin and keeps your skin young and healthy.
Let’s go over the ingredients within the formula!
The serum doesn’t contain petroleum, butylene glycol, parabens, SLS, artificial dyes, phthalates, synthetic fragrances or propylene. Additionally, it has never been tested on animals either.
The main and active ingredient is salicylic acid (0.75%), and the list of inactive ingredients is quite long.
The formula is well thought out and no ingredient is there by a mistake. We’re only going to take a closer look as some of them, as they’re so many.
- Salicylic acid- exfoliates the skin and eliminates acne from skin. It reduces inflammation in skin and controls the oil production too. It smooths out the acne scars and eliminates blemishes. It opens the clogged pores and minimizes the enlarged pores as well. It’s anti-aging and loosens the blackheads.
- Organic white grape juice-it’s a strong anti-oxidant that reduces the damage of UVs on skin. It gives the skin a younger feel and addresses melasma.
- Organic aloe- is a reliable ingredient when treating psoriasis and eczema. It sooths the skin and speed up the healing of damaged skin. It keeps UVs damage at distance and calms the skin.
- Organic apple juice- reduces itchiness in skin and has anti-inflammatory abilities. It comforts the cracked skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles.
- Vitamin B5-increases the elasticity of skin and sooths the dry, rough and scaly skin. It softens the skin and reduces redness and itchiness. It alleviates symptoms in eczema, acne and bed sores and speeds the healing of damaged skin.
- Vitamin E- moisturizes the skin and improves its softness.
- Vitamin C-protects the skin from the sun’s damage and makes the fine lines and wrinkles more difficult to notice. It fights aging of the skin and reduces risk for future damage.
- Sugar cane extract- has a high concentration of iron, potassium, zinc and anti-oxidants. It slows down the aging of the skin and provides phytonutrients that stop the sun damage to skin. It keeps acne at bay and doesn’t dry out the skin.
- Organic lavender extract- improves the skin tone and balances oil in skin. It smooths out the scars and comforts the irritated skin. It keeps acne and breakouts under control and minimizes inflammation of the skin.
- Organic green tea- removes puffiness from the skin and lowers inflammation. It calms the skin in eczema and keeps acne at bay. It helps the skin fight the aging process and shrinks the pores. It gives your skin a healthy radiance and tones it efficiently.
- Willow bark extract-reduces inflammation and addresses rosacea, psoriasis, various fungal infections and eczema.
What are the tips for using it? How does it feel on skin?
Even though many of you know already, we can never speak too much about the importance of cleansing your skin.
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser is going to prepare your skin for the serum.
Pump the serum on your dry hands and massage it gently into your previously cleansed and dry skin. a little goes a long way so the serum is going to get you good for quite some time.
The consistency it’s nice and the serum has a natural scent. It’s fairly priced, especially considering its natural and organic formula.
Once a week you can cleanse even better and deeper your skin with the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Mask.
What are the ups and downs of the serum?
The serum is loaded with good things, so here are our pros:
- It’s made with organic fruit acids
- It evens out the skin tone
- It reduces breakouts and unclogs pores
- It renews the skin and improves the skin complexion
- It hydrates and minimizes inflammation in skin
- It protects the skin from the damage of free radicals
- It clears the skin
Bells and whistles aside, the serum comes with some minor downsides that aren’t going to make us change our mind about its overall quality:
- Some feel it doesn’t soak right into the skin due to its consistency
- It may dry out the skin in some situations.
Is it a go or not?
If you’re determined to eliminate breakouts and blemishes from your skin, but also to even out your skin tone and get a smoother and nicer appearance for your skin, take the leap of faith and give it a go with the serum. It’s money well spent at the end of day.
Our latest cosmetic product reviews: the Rimmel Lash Accelerator, LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream, No7 Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi Action Serum, the Derma Devine Stem Cell Anti-Aging Eye Serum, the Pixi Overnight Glow Serum Review.