- 1 Think Africa’s Review of the Ingrown Hair Serum by European Wax Center
Think Africa’s Review of the Ingrown Hair Serum by European Wax Center
When it comes to beauty and skin care, there are many problems that we need to address and this can get us both tired and broke.
Not everybody has the time, the will or the money to try all sorts of suggestions out there and sometimes you simply want to spend the buck you have and to get the best out of it at the same time.
Long story short, scratch one thing from that list of yours. You don’t need to search high and low for the best solution against the ingrown hairs. Well-priced and effective, the next product is going to be quite the miracle worker, as long as you give it the chance.
Who is European Wax Center? Why use the Ingrown Hair Serum?
One of the most important hair removal salons in our United States, European Wax Center is based in Florida and has been around from 2004. It runs through franchising and is a large wax (if not the largest) wax center brand. It has 650 centers all across the United States.
With that experience in waxing, it’s only natural that they’re pretty good at creating great solutions for preventing ingrown hairs, improving your looks.
The Ingrown Hair Serum by European Wax Center is a product that is going to remove bumps and ingrown hair, getting you that perfect bikini line that you’ve always wanted.
Non-alcohol based, the serum is a winner and you’d have to scroll down for the details to get it why.
What are the ingredients within the formula?
The most important thing to mention about the serum is that it’s not alcohol-based which is always a good thing. The serum doesn’t sting nor causes irritation or redness. And that’s quite something, especially considering the sensitive areas you’re using it on.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the ingredients:
- Glycolic acid- it reduces the appearance of bumps and scars and whitens the skin discoloration. It’s safe to use on sensitive areas and the risk for irritation is minor. It also increases the collagen production in skin and eliminates dullness. It leaves a nice glow to the skin and leaves it smoother and fresher.
- Coffee- it’s a great exfoliator, removing dead skin cells. It improves the texture of skin and gives it a healthy glow. It prevents the pore clogging and sooths the skin.
- Green tea- has anti-inflammatory abilities and calms the skin. It keeps acne at bay and comforts the skin. It leaves the skin toned and minimizes the pores. It makes the skin radiant and improves the skin complexion.
- Tea tree leaf oil-it alleviates symptoms in razor burns and speeds up the healing process in skin-related infections or cuts. It cleanses efficiently the skin and may benefit in case of eczema or psoriasis. It reduces the risk for acne as well.
- Sorbic acid- is a great ingredient that helps the skin heal faster in case of sunburns and brings comfort to the irritated skin. It also protects the skin from the damage of UVs. It kills microorganisms.
Lavender oil- controls the oil production and reduces inflammation in skin. It calms the irritated skin and controls both acne and breakouts. It brightens scars and leaves the skin tone evener.
Acai extract-has antioxidant abilities and fights against aging of skin. It heals wounds and improves the cellular health. It addresses pigmentation and lightens the scars. It keeps acne at bay and hydrates the skin.
Chamomile-brings comfort to the skin and creates a thin barrier that protects the skin.
Loaded with so many good ingredients for the skin, the serum manages to be both effective and gentle for the skin. It’s a safe and delicate option for the sensitive skin and doesn’t cause irritation or redness. By contrary, it takes care of them, bringing comfort to the skin and not stinging at all.
What’s the best way to use it? How does it feel on skin?
In order to get the best results, you should use constantly the serum, at least twice a day. Some like to use it after a wax or a shave.
The serum comes with a pump dispenser which isn’t going to make use complicated. The pump works just fine and you’re going to need one or two pumps for each application on each leg. The serum doesn’t leave a greasy feel nor a film afterwards, as long as you’re using the right amount. Use gentle movements when working it into the skin.
Even though it’s not from European Wax Center, you could get some extra help when taking care of unwanted hair from the WIZKER Brush.
The serum has just the right consistency. It’s not runny, but not too thick either so it’s not going to take a long time until it’s fully absorbed. The smell is rather subtle (some don’t even notice it) and the serum doesn’t sting. It’s eliminating the dead skin cells efficiently and moisturizes gently the skin too.
A little goes a long way so you’re going to use the serum for a good amount of time. It gives results even after 2 weeks, as long as you’re using it twice a day.
The formula doesn’t cause irritation or redness and it’s strong, without drying out the skin. The serum comes for a great price and it’s a good value for the money too.
You can also add to your routine a good scrub so that you get better results even faster than 2 weeks. GiGi No Bump Body Scrub with Salicylic Acid for Ingrown Hair & Razor Burns isn’t an European Wax Center product, but it works great with their ingrown hair serum.
What do we like the most about the serum? Is there something we don’t like?
We like many things about the serum so we’ve shorted our pros to the following:
- It’s made with natural ingredients
- It doesn’t cause irritation or redness
- It prevents the ingrown hairs and bumps
- It reduces swelling and calms the skin
- It’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- It doesn’t contain alcohol so it doesn’t sting
- It has just the right consistency
- A little goes a long way
- It’s easy to use and doesn’t have a strong scent
- It’s good value for the price
Far from being deal breakers, the serum has some minor flaws that we need to mention:
- It may leave a sticky feel when you’re using too much of it
- Some didn’t get impressive outcomes
- It doesn’t come with instructions
What’s our final take on the serum?
Strong enough to prevent ingrown hairs and bumps, yet gentle enough not to cause irritation, redness or swelling, the serum is a good addition to your skin care regimen. Loaded with natural ingredients and delicate even for the sensitive skin, the serum gives results and doesn’t break the bank either. If you’re the bargain hunter, the serum is a winner any given day.
Our latest cosmetic product reviews: the Proactiv Eye Brightening Serum, the Anti-Aging Serum Set from ArtNaturals, the Skinmiso Pore Corset Serum, the Lionesse Amber Eye Serum, the Luminesce Cellular Rejuvenation Serum Review.