Think Africa’s Review of the Deva Curl Ultra Creamy Conditioner
As much as you love your black hair, chances are you’re still going to get a bit frustrated about taking care of the frizz, the stubborn curls or the endless efforts to style it.
What is Deva Curl Ultra Creamy Daily Conditioner? Do you need it?
Let’s start backwards: you only need it if you need to manage and style your black curls. The conditioner is loaded with natural ingredients that not only give a fresh feel to your hair, but also leaves it hydrated and nourished.
The conditioner is made in our USA, but this is just the cherry on top as the conditioner stands out with its efficient formula. It leaves your hair softer, shinier and easier to manage, while your curls look healthy and toned once again.
What’s so special about its formula?
The conditioner is made with olive oil and botanicals that hydrate and nourish the hair, leaving a refreshing scent of Lemongrass.
Here’s a closer look at the main ingredients within the formula:
- Olive oil- it eliminates dandruff and works great against the frizz and flyaways. It makes your hair sleek and shiny, strengthening it at the same time. Your hair becomes easier to manage and softer.
- Melissa officinalis extract- it’s a great toner for your hair, presenting anti-inflammatory properties at the same time. It helps in case of hair loss and sooths an irritated scalp.
- Humulus lupulus extract-it removes dandruff and eliminates the dead skin from scalp. It’s an anti-bacterial agent and anti-microbial too.
- Chamomilla recutita- it’s anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory and helps your hair grow. It’s gentle, yet powerful and works as an anti-septic too. It’s anti-bacterial and strengthens the hair roots. Additionally, it protects the hair from the environmental damage.
- Rosmarinus officinalis- it’s anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant, sustaining the growth of healthier hair
- Achillea millefolium extract- improves the appearance of your hair due to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory abilities. It’s a great toner for the hair.
- Citric acid- encourages the development of braids and minimizes thinning and shredding of hair. It helps your hair grow stronger and improves the scalp condition. It removes dandruff and increases the blood flow, which translates into healthier hair. It also absorbs excess of sebum and sooths an itchy scalp. It’s a great ingredient for the damaged hair.
Not only the formula is loaded with natural ingredients, but it’s also free of animal-derived ingredients. The conditioner has never been tested on animals and it’s made in our USA.
What’s the best way to use it?
You should distribute evenly a palm-full of the conditioner between your both hands. Work it nice and easy through your hair, using your fingers.
For best results, take time and rinse it thoroughly.
In case your hair is really dehydrated, it’s better to apply it to ends before using a special hair treatment.
Want to go all the way? Try any now and then an intensive conditioning treatment and leave it for 30 minutes, under a shower cap.
The conditioner is creamy, but it doesn’t weigh down your hair. It has a rich and pleasant consistency that doesn’t leave a greasy feel on your hair. The curls remain shiny, but not oily.
It’s easier for you to manage your curls when using the conditioner. The frizz is gone and the curls are better defined. Styling and managing your hair gets easier too.
The conditioner comes in a pump bottle that is easy to use. This way, the conditioner doesn’t lose its color nor its properties in time.
The formula is efficient, yet safe enough to use on color treated hair too.
What are its ups and downs?
We like many things on the conditioner so here’s a short list of them:
- It’s made with natural ingredients
- It leaves the hair easier to style and to manage
- It nourishes and hydrates the hair
- It makes the hair shinier and healthier looking
- It’s easy to use and doesn’t weigh down your hair
- It eliminates frizz and flyaways from hair, leaving it softer and nicer
As for the parts we like less, they’re not many and definitely not deal breakers:
- If you use too much, it may leave a greasy feel on your hair
- It’s a tad watery, according to some
- Not everyone is going to go for its lemongrass scent
What’s the conclusion?
The conditioner is made with an efficient formula that is based on several natural ingredients. It eliminates frizz from your hair, leaving it easier to manage for styling. It also softens, strengthens and nourishes the hair and its minor downsides are far from making us change our mind when in need.
Check out our other conditioner review: Nexxus Promend Conditioner.