- 1 Introduction to Retinol Products. The Benefits of Retinol
- 2 Best Retinol Serum for Face
- 3 Best Retinol Eye Serum
- 4 Best Retinol Night Serum
- 5 Organic Retinol Serum
- 6 Serum for Acne
- 7 Best Anti-Aging Serum with Retinol
- 8 Serum for Oily Skin
- 9 Retinol and Vitamin C Serum
- 10 Serum for Sensitive Skin
Introduction to Retinol Products. The Benefits of Retinol
No, we’re not only getting vitamin A as a vitamin pill. Retinol is also a form of vitamin A and it has become quite a common ingredient topical skin care products. It has multiple utilities for the skin and here are the most important ones:
- Reduces wrinkles
Retinol products act like a strong antioxidants and sustain the repairing of damages kin. It rejuvenates the skin and fades out the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fights against acne
The market gives us plenty of retinol creams that treat acne. Retinol is able to unplug the follicle and to exfoliate the skin cells, clearing the pores. It also removes the bacteria that causes pimples in the first place so it works on many levels against acne.
- Brightens discoloration of the skin
Retinol and its derivatives are great for evening your skin tone and for fading you’re the skin discolorations. The exfoliating properties of retinol explains the whitening abilities as retinol eliminates the dark cells, allowing the lighter and evener skin to reveal.
- Reduces pores
Even though the pore size is genetically determined, retinol is able to improve the shape and size of pores. This is also caused by the exfoliating abilities, which eliminates debris- one of the cause of enlarged pores.
- Few side effects
Retinol is a safer ingredient than tretinoin, which is quite common in prescribed skin treatments. Retinol gives the same results, but without the negative side effects that are caused by tretinoin (scaling of the skin or burning sensation).
As a side note
Retinol is an effective ingredient for the skin and there are some safety considerations you need to keep in mind when using it:
- Alpha hydroxyl acids and benzoyl peroxide deactivate retinoids, so it’s better not to layer them
- It’s better not to use retinoid when you’re pregnant/breastfeeding
- Very sensitive skin may never be able to tolerate retinol. However, you may use a delicate physical exfoliator twice a week to soften the skin. Never forget about sunscreen so that you minimize the collagen loss.
- Waxing is going to increase redness on a retinoid-treated skin, so it’s better not to use it a couple of days before waxing
Best Retinol Serum for Face
Environmental stressors, stress, sun’s damage and even not drinking plenty of water are the main cause for the dull and prematurely aged skin. Not having a proper skin care routine is also to be considered, so keep that in mind when you’re going to sleep without removing the makeup.
1. Cerave Skin Renewing Cream Serum is going to make the fine lines and wrinkles less noticeable and makes it stronger when fighting the outer stressors. Its formula is based on the three essential ceramides (1, 3 and 6-II). It’s made with the patented MVE (MultiVesicular Emulsion Technology), which is going to release the moisturizing ingredients in 24 hours, layer by layer. This way, the serum softens the skin for a longer time.
Additionally, the formula includes retinol, which puts the aging process on hold, refreshing your skin for a younger appearance. the formula also includes hyaluronic acid which moisturizes and hydrates the skin, filling in the fine lines and wrinkles. The chicory root extract, shea butter, niacin amide and citric acid are also on that list and each has a big part in the serum’s anti-aging abilities.
Long story short, the serum slows down the aging of the skin, but also keeps acne at distances and softens the skin. It’s a powerful, yet gentle formula that works even for the sensitive skin. it’s fragrance-free and doesn’t clog pores.
You may include the serum in your AM and PM skin care routine. It has a creamy consistency that goes into the skin faster than expected. It leaves a soft touch feel to the skin and evens your skin tone. It doesn’t cause a stinging or burning sensation and a little goes a long way. It’s very good value for the money.
Here’s what we like the most about it:
- It has a well thought-out formula
- It lessens the visibility of wrinkles and fine lines
- It evens the skin tone
- It leaves a nice soft touch feel to skin
The minor issues are easy to overlook:
- It’s not as thin as you’d expect from a serum
- It doesn’t soak right in the skin
As the good outweighs the bad, the serum still stands as a valid option when in need for a retinol serum for your face, especially if your budget is tight.
Best Retinol Eye Serum
2. Designed to smooth out the fine lines and wrinkles in the eye area, the Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum is a great addition to anyone’s skin care regimen.
The formula is powerful, yet gentle enough to use on the delicate areas around your eyes. Retinol and ferulic acid are the main ingredients within the formula, so the serum is going to improve the surface area, eliminating fine lines and wrinkles.
Ferulic acid is a strong antioxidant that is going to fight the free radicals, increasing the power of retinol. The formula of the serum also includes licorice root extract, willow bark extract, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, caffeine and ubiquinone. They are only some of the ingredients and the serum is able to smooth out crow’s feet and to even the skin tone and texture. It works as an eye makeup primer and gives results in only 2 weeks.
The serum tightens the skin and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles. It eliminates under eye puffiness and it’s gentle enough to be used twice a day.
The consistency is nice and the serum absorbs fast and easy into the skin. it has a good size for travelling and has no smell. You need to tap it gently on the eye areas. Its silky-serum texture dries pretty fast.
In order to stay on the safe side, it’s better to wear sunglasses after applying the serum. The formula is photo-stable and non-irritating.
Let’s go over the main good things once again:
- The formula includes retinol and ferulic acid
- It improves the skin texture and skin tone
- It’s powerful, yet gentle for the eye area
- It brightens the skin and eliminates puffiness
Don’t change your mind over some minor issues:
- It’s not a cheap serum
- It may dry out the skin
All things considered, for the highly efficient and gentle formula, the serum sure deserves your attention and it’s money well spent any given day.
Best Retinol Night Serum
Trying to stop the aging process of our skin isn’t easy and you can definitely have your shot with not one, but three serums that are going to do one thing: make your skin young and better looking.
3. The Art Naturals Anti-Aging Serum set includes a retinol serum, a vitamin C serum and a hyaluronic acid serum. The serums are made with quality ingredients and extracts that going to improve and rejuvenate your skin, in a natural way. The formulas are BPA-free, eco-friendly and have never been tested on animals, which is always a good thing to hear.
The retinol serum isn’t containing retinol, but also plenty of other ingredients. The long list of ingredients includes also organic green tree, wheat germ, dandelion and so many more. This is why the retinol serum isn’t just going to boost the collagen production in skin, but also improve the skin’s texture and tone the skin. The serum comforts the skin in eczema and reduces the risk for acne. It shrinks the enlarged pores and improves your skin complexion.
Due to its complex formula, the retinol serum is also going to protect your skin from fungus and germs, reducing inflammation in skin.
Going through the lists of ingredients for all the three serums is going to take you a while and we’re going to give you a hand on that by listing some of them: witch hazel, aloe leaf extract, vitamin E, organic jojoba, organic gotu kola, and wild geranium. Each of them plays its part in improving your skin complexion, keeping it healthier and younger for longer time.
The retinol serum is easy to use and some recommend using it only at night. It has a nice texture and soaks right into the skin. It’s better to moisturize after the serum.
Let’s not forget about the price tag which may seal the deal for many as the set is affordable for sure.
We’ve shorted the pros to the following:
- The set includes retinol serum, vitamin C serum and hyaluronic acid serum
- The formula includes several natural ingredients
- It boosts the collagen production
- It improves the skin complexion and smooths out the wrinkles
We’re not seeing the minor issues as deal breakers:
- Pay attention to your skin when using it, as the risk for irritation isn’t null
- You should moisturize after the serum
All in all, for a very good price, you get not one, but three ways to fight the aging process in your skin, so you get a better shot at looking younger and healthier even sooner than expected.
Organic Retinol Serum
4. Popular and reliable, the Tree of Life Beauty Retinol Serum is going to improve your skin while not breaking the bank at the same time. The clinical strength retinol serum presents a 72% organic formula and it’s going to soften your skin, while keeping it young and rejuvenated.
The serum smooths out the fine lines and wrinkles and you should give your skin some time to adjust to it.
The formula includes retinol, but also hyaluronic acid, aloe Vera, witch hazel, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil and green. Each of these ingredients is already known for their multiple benefits to skin. This is why the serum also removes puffiness from skin, comforts in various skin conditions and keeps acne at bay. the serum slows down the aging of the skin and reduces the risk for acne and breakouts.
Made in our USA, the serum has a 72% organic and 98% natural formula. It’s cruelty free and doesn’t contain paraben. It works for the sensitive too and it’s easy to use. A little goes a long way and the serum doesn’t need much time to fully absorb into the skin.
Additionally, the serum has a nice consistency and doesn’t leave a film or any kind of residue afterwards. It doesn’t have a specific smell and glides nicely onto the skin. It comes in a dark glass bottle which maintain its properties.
It’s better to give your skin some time to adjust to the serum and use it any now and then, growing gradually until every day application.
Here’s what we like the most about the serum:
- It’s 72% organic and 98% natural
- It smooths out the fine lines and wrinkles
- It controls acne and breakouts
- It brightens the skin
- It’s easy to use and has a great price for the value
The downsides aren’t deal breakers, so here they are:
- You need to give it time to work
- The glass isn’t opaque, which may diminish the properties of the serum
All in all, for an amazing price, you get yourself an organic retinol serum that is going to help you fight the aging process more efficiently.
Serum for Acne
5. Whether you’re using micro needling or not, one of the best retinol options to get rid of acne is the Retinol Serum 2.5% with Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E by Yeouth.
The anti-aging serum is going to sustain the collagen and elastin production in skin, shrinking the enlarged pores as well. Enlarged pores are one of the causes of acne, as they allow bacteria causing acne to grow.
But it’s not only against acne that this serum is going to work. Due to its formula, the serum is also going to fade out age spots, sun spots and various discoloration on face. The formula includes also vitamin E, aloe Vera, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. This is why the serum also keeps the sun’s damage under control and brightens your skin tone. It helps the skin get stronger when fighting the outer aggressors.
Easy to use and to follow with other skin care products, the serum is a reliable and anti-acne solution that one may want to include in the daily skin care routine.
We’ve shorted our pros to the following:
- The serum is made with retinol, vitamin A, C, E and aloe Vera
- It keeps acne at bay and improves your skin
- It brightens the skin and moisturizes it
- It makes fine lines less noticeable
The minor issues don’t bring us down but it’s fair to list them too:
- One may not go for its smell
- Some feel it sits on the watery side
It goes without saying that the serum is going to be a good investment for your acne-fighting skin, especially since it’s also going to address other skin-related issues on the side.
Best Anti-Aging Serum with Retinol
6. Addressing the deep wrinkles in skin, Roc Deep Wrinkle serum is going to help you work on the most common symptoms of aged skin: loss of moisture, sagging, skin discoloration, dull skin and wrinkles. The serum gives your skin back its youth and sustains the renewal process in skin, which is essential for a younger looking skin.
Formulated on Hexinol technology, the serum is safe to use on all skin types and even the sensitive skin may benefit from it.
The list of ingredients does begin with retinol, which is the main factor for the reducing of fine lines and wrinkles, but it goes on with other powerful ingredients. Copper gluconate, zinc gluconate, citric acid, ascorbic acid, hydrolyzed wheat protein, and sunflower seed oil are only some of the ingredients within the formula.
This is why the serum also moisturizes the skin and controls the oil production in skin. It improves the tightness of the skin and smooths out the scars, keeping the UVs away from your skin. The serum reduces inflammation in skin and improves your skin’s texture.
On top of everything else, the serum is non-comedogenic and fights efficiently the aging of skin. It soaks right into the skin as it’s lightweight and its opaque color may surprise some. It has nice feel to it and smooths out your skin.
It’s safe to use the serum twice a day, AM and PM. A tingling sensation is normal, especially in the beginning, when your skin needs some time to adjust to the formula.
Let’s highlight the pros:
- It addresses the main symptoms of skin aging
- It eliminates dullness, fine lines and wrinkles
- It smooths out the skin and improves the skin complexion
- It’s safe to use on all skin types, twice a day
Far from being deal breakers, the cons would be:
- Some experienced breakouts when using it
- A tingling sensation is normal in the beginning
Reliable, affordable and addressing most common symptoms of aging skin, the serum stands as one choice to have in mind next time when you’re shopping.
Serum for Oily Skin
7. It would take a miracle for your skin to look young overnight. Even though it’s not the miracle worker that you’ve been dreaming about (no serum out there) that you’ve dreaming about, the Neutrogena Wrinkle Repair Serum isn’t far from that either, especially for the oily skin.
The formula includes retinol SA, glucose complex, hydrolyzed myrtus communis leaf extract, sodium lactate and hyaluronic acid. It smooths out the skin and renews it, making the wrinkles less noticeable. the serum rejuvenates the skin and helps it look younger again.
The serum hydrates and moisturizes the skin, for a fresh and young feel on skin. It also lessens the appearance of dark circles and softens the skin. It minimizes the visibility of crow’s feet and evens out the skin tone.
Use gentle strokes for an easier absorption into the skin. you may insist in the wrinkle prone areas. The formula is strong, yet gentle enough to be used both AM and PM. It’s a lightweight serum that goes great like a primer on your skin. A slight tingling is likely to happen when start using the serum. Even so, the serum is safe for the sensitive skin too.
Let’s not forget to talk about the price which makes the serum a bit difficult to resist to.
Here are our pros:
- The serum is great for both oily and sensitive skin
- It lessens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- It brightens the skin and improves the skin tone
- It’s easy to use and affordable
The inherent issues are no reason for you to change your mind:
- One may not like the tingling sensation
- The smell could be improved
As long as you’re only focusing on the goods, you’re in for a treat when using the serum on your oily skin.
Retinol and Vitamin C Serum
8. If you’re looking to improve your skin but want to cut down the number of the serums you’re using, try a retinol serum that also contains vitamin C. Affordable and dependable, the Retinol Serum – Anti Wrinkle Anti-Aging Facial Serum by InstaNatural is quite the option that you shouldn’t be skipping whenever in need.
The retinol serum stands out with its formula that minimizes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. The strong vitamin C adds value to the retinol serum, repairing the damaged skin and slowing down the aging process.
The formula also includes the soothing hyaluronic acid that hydrates the skin for quite some time. Niacin amide and argan oil are going to make your skin clean, fresh and moisturized too. On the list of ingredients, you’re also going to find ubiquinone, licorice root extract, rosemary leaf extract, orange peel oil and grapefruit peel oil.
The serum is going to remove dead skin cells and eliminate blemishes from the skin. It also reduces eye puffiness and dullness, leaving your skin clean and radiant. The serum strengthens the skin’s natural protective barrier and keeps the outer stressors away from the skin.
Easy to use and going smoothly, the serum works for all skin types and has a nice smell.
The powerful botanical extracts improve the health and appearance of your skin and the serum is proudly made in our USA. It doesn’t contain sulfates, parabens, MCI/MI, synthetic dyes, formaldehyde releasers or mineral oil.
Listing the main pros:
- The formula includes vitamin C and natural botanical extracts
- It reduces the fine lines and wrinkles
- It hydrates the skin and gives it a nice radiance
- It smooths out the skin and reduces damage of outer stressors
It’s fair to list the downsides as well:
- It may not give results in all cases as skin reacts differently
- It may dry out the skin
Regardless of the minor problems, the serum is still going to benefit your skin on so many levels and that’s enough of a reason for you to try it.
Serum for Sensitive Skin
9. Strong enough to enhance your skin’s texture and to brighten your skin complexion, yet gentle enough to use on sensitive skin, the SkinMedica Retinol 0.5 Complex isn’t the retinol serum that you should miss out on when in need.
The retinol serum is formulated so that it gives results, without causing any other unpleasant reactions to your skin. It boosts the collagen production in skin and sustains the cell renewal. It reduces the visibility of wrinkles and fine lines and protects the skin from free radical future damage. It increases firmness in skin.
The formula includes retinol, ceramides, vitamin A and E, peptides and antioxidants that explain its performance.
The algae extract within the formula softens the skin and the serum leaves the skin hydrated and rejuvenated. It reverses the sun damage and eliminates the need for any clinical or surgical procedures for eliminating the signs of aging.
The serum works for all skin types, sensitive skin including. It’s dermatologist approved and paraben-free.
You only need one single pump to face at night. It’s better to go gradually, allowing your skin some time to adjust to the formula.
Here are the best parts about it:
- It’s safe to use on sensitive skin but all skin types may benefit from the serum
- It rejuvenates the skin
- It boosts the collagen production and reduces wrinkles
- It’s powerful, yet mild on sensitive skin
The inherent downsides aren’t major:
- You should give your skin some time to adjust to the formula
- It’s not the cheapest serum out there
Even though the price may be the pet peeve of the serum, when you’re seeing the whole picture, you’re kind of willing to pay the extra buck so that your sensitive skin looks young and wrinkle-free once again.