Taking proper care of your hair doesn’t involve just using the right shampoo or serum to fight against hair loss. One of the things that is often overlooked is the hair brush which plays, nevertheless, such a big part in the texture and looks of your hair.
Why is a hair brush important?
Many realize the importance of their brush only when it’s already too late. Once your hair is already damaged and brittle, you slowly start thinking whether it’s not from using the completely wrong brush for your hair.
The right hair brush for your hair is going to reduce the risk for breakage and is only going to improve the appearance of your hair. You need to get all the info you need a start really know about your hair type and how to really care about it.
The texture of your hair, its growth rate and its elasticity are things to have in mind when choosing a hair brush.
Why go with a Mason Pearson hair brush?
If you’re not willing to make any compromise about the health and well-being of your hair, you shouldn’t hesitate and splurge your hair with a Mason Pearson.
When it comes to the Mason Pearson hair brushes, it’s not only the wide variety that matters, but also the high quality of the materials. Each of the model is designed so that it fits the best the needs of specific hair types and to take good care of the hair.
Add the well-thought design, the craftsmanship and the quality of the materials, and you get the picture of a hair brush that takes the hair maintenance to a whole new level. Still handmade in England, the Mason Pearson hairbrushes are made with traditional techniques for 100 years now and always pass the durability test.
One thing a Mason Pearson hair brushes cannot help you with is knowing your hair type. Once it’s all clear to you which type your hair is, you only need to spend another minute for finding the perfect model for your hair’s needs. Chances are that any Mason Pearson are always going to rise up for the task of giving you healthier, shinier and better looking hair.
The Top 11 Mason Pearson Brushes For Various Needs
1. The days when you were chasing your kid around the house trying to brush his/her are all gone thanks to the Mason Pearson Child’s Hair Brush.
Created to match the needs of the hair of your kids, the hairbrush is just the perfect choice for any child aged 3 to 6.
The child’s sensitive bristle hair brush comes with softer boar bristles that are great for a child’s fragile hair and scalp. All bristles have the same length so the hair brush doesn’t cause any discomfort to your little one.
The brush is made so that it distributes the natural oils evenly on the strands of hair. It stimulates the circulation to the hair follicles and provides a gentle exfoliation of the scalp.
Fitting nicely in the hand, the little hair brush comes in pretty colors and it’s not heavy at all. Its build is solid though and everything about it has a durability feel to it. It makes brushing a nicer experience for your kid and the hair brush takes care of the hair in a gentle way.
Handmade in England, the hairbrush is a cute option for the adult that loves a small, gentle and easy to carry around hairbrush.
Here are the best parts about it:
- It takes care of the scalp and hairs of the child’s hair in a gentle way
- The bristles have the same length
- It has just the right size and weight for easier brushing
- It comes in pretty colors and makes brushing more comfortable
Don’t let the minor issues change your mind:
- The handle is a tad short, which can make the use by a parent a bit uncomfortable
- The bristles are too soft, according to some
As long as you’re aware of the fact you’re getting a hairbrush for your child’s hair, you should see the whole picture of a nice, pretty and reliable hairbrush.
2. Gone are the days when you were struggling to detangle your long and fine hair. The Mason Pearson Detangler Hair Brush is there for the rescue and you only need to give it the chance to prove you that you can have fine, long and well brushed hair without any suffering or pulling.
The hair brush comes with nylon bristles and it’s a great option for the thick and coarse hair. You should definitely use the hair brush for brushing successfully the wet hair.
After you exercise or shampoo your hair, the most effective hair brush is the pure nylon and this one to always rely on. The hair brush is made for all-round use for coarse and dense hair and makes brushing easier and more pleasant. You can use it for working out knots and detangle your hair after shampooing.
When you’re using the hair brush, not only you get rid of the knots without any effort, but you’re also improving your hair’s appearance. the split ends are soon to be forgotten and your hair looks flowing and shiny easier than expected.
The hair brush is made to take the use for a long time and the shape and design offer good and steady grip every time. It sits nicely in your hand and it’s easy to use too.
Focusing on the best parts:
- The hair brush is great for detangling the coarse and very thick hair
- It’s great for all-round use on wet hair too
- It eliminates split ends and improves the looks of your hair
- It comes with nylon bristles for easier detangling
For the picky customer, here are the minor problems that the hair brush presents:
- If you have a tone of hair, the hair brush may not be the best option
- It’s a tad staticky for some
It’s a coin toss if you’re going to be extremely happy with the hair brush or not. But it’s a sure thing that you’re going to get rid of the hair knots when using the hair brush.
3. Especially designed for the sensitive scalp and thin hair, the Mason Pearson Pocket Sensitive Hair Brush is going to worth every single penny, as you’re going to have to pay the extra buck for it.
The hair brush has a pocket size, but this doesn’t reduce at all its comfort or ease of use. By contrary, the hair brush ensures a nice and pleasant brushing every time. The build is good and the handle presents a good and sturdy grip. On the bright side, the hair brush is very easy to slip in your hand bag when travelling and its purse size doesn’t undermine its performance.
The hair brush features pure boar bristles that are gentle enough to use on your fragile hair and delicate scalp, yet strong enough to sustain detangling and effective brushing. The hair brush spreads evenly the natural oils, but also exfoliates so gentle your scalp. It boosts circulation to the hair follicles and takes care of your fine hair and delicate scalp. It works best for short to medium long hair.
Handcrafted in England, the hair brush is one magical tool for your hair and scalp. Keep in mind that no animals are harmed in the collection of the boar bristle.
Here’s a closer look at the pros:
- The hair brush is great for the delicate scalp and thin hair
- It detangles the hair and takes care of it
- It comes with pure boar bristles
- It’s easy to use and has a good size and shape
The hair brush is not all roses and rainbows, so here are the minor issues:
- Some think the bristles are too soft
- One may doubt the pure boar bristle quality
All in all, it’s better to get your ducks in a row and focus on the good things which are plenty. The hair brush is great for the thin hair and sensitive scalp so you should take the plunge and get it whenever in need.
4. When you’re getting yourself a Mason Pearson Sensitive Boar Bristle Hairbrush, there’s only one big downside to consider. You may never have to buy another hair brush again (assuming you identified just right the type of your hair and, therefore, the right model from Mason Pearson).
If your hair is long and fine, the Sensitive Boar Bristle hair brush is the perfect choice and the premium-grade boar bristles are delicate to your hair and scalp. Just because the hair brush is delicate, doesn’t mean it’s not effective though. By contrary, the hair brush is evenly spreading sebum to the hair strands and boosts the circulation to the hair follicles.
Let’s not forget about the patented pneumatic cushion of the Mason Pearson hairbrushes that makes brushing such a breeze.
Ensuring a soothing and gentle scalp massage, the hair brush leaves your fine and long hair shiny and silky smooth. The hair brush has a sculptural handle that offers a steady grip for strain-free brushing every time. It comes with a nylon cleaning brush and involves minimal maintenance.
Well-made in England, the hair brush is no cheap model and you do pay a lot of coins for it. However, it’s worth every single penny for 50 years to come.
Here’s what we like the most about it:
- It’s an amazing choice for the sensitive scalp and fine and thin, long hair
- It has a great and comfy handle that gives a good grip
- It leaves the hair shiny and silky
- It’s a great investment to make
Don’t make a drama out of the inherent downsides:
- Some feel it’s too soft
- One may feel that the grip could be improved even more
Regardless of the minor issues, it would be such a shame not to give the hair brush a try, especially when you’re 100% sure of your hair type.
5. Made with the finest and premium-grade boar bristles, the Mason Pearson Handy Bristle Hair Brush is both gentle and effective for brushing your hair. It’s made so that it spreads evenly the natural sebum and exfoliates gently your scalp. Due to its design, the brush is also going to improve the circulation to the hair follicles.
Handmade in England, the hair brush comes with the famous patented pneumatic cushion that nicely takes the forms of your scalp, improving the whole brushing experience. This is also going to reduce your strain when going with the brush throughout your hair.
The hair brush is successfully taking the durability test and manages to stand out as a performant option for the fine and normal hair, of medium length. It leaves your hair smooth and shiny.
Our thoughts on the pros show like this:
- The hairbrush is amazing for the fine and normal hair
- It’s made with premium-grade boar bristle
- It’s comfortable and easy to use
- It’s gentle, yet effective and durable
There’s no sense into worrying over some minor downsides:
- Some would like the hairbrush to be bigger
- It’s not the cheapest model from Mason Pearson
All things considered, as the hair brush is going to be an investment on the long run, you should put your money at stake with it and start taking better care of your hair.
6. For the military always on the run or for anyone who’s always travelling, one of the reliable Mason Pearson options is the Mason Pearson Extra Small Military Boar Bristle Hair Brush-Ruby.
The brush comes with seven rings of very stiff boar tufts and the brush is great for massaging and invigorating your scalp. This way, you’re going to help your scalp excrete natural oils. The tufts are set in a pneumatic rubber cushion that improves the penetration of each bristle tuft. The high quality hair brush spreads the natural sebum from root to end, every single time. There’s no risk for friction or pulling.
This model comes with one-of-a-kind convex rubber cushion pad which ensures good brushing every single time. It also includes a cleaning brush that you’re going to have to use from time to time whenever in need.
Even though the hairbrush doesn’t come with a handle, it still ensures a good and solid grip through its molded sides. However, one may find it challenging to use the hairbrush, especially in the beginning.
The hair brush is well made and has a small and compact size. Finding its place in your travel bag is never going to be an issue.
Let’s go over the best parts briefly:
- The hair brush massages and invigorated the scalp
- It distributes evenly the natural serum
- It has molded sides for comfortable grip
- It comes with a nylon cleaning brush
We’re not forgetting about the minor downsides:
- Its design may be tricky for some
- It’s not the cheapest Mason Pearson model
Long lasting, reliable and easy to use by most, the hair brush should complete the travel bag for any military.
7. when it comes to the Mason Pearson Extra Large Pure Boar Bristle Hair Brush B, one thing it’s sure: this is one hair brush that doesn’t go un noticed in any room.
The extra-large hair brush makes a great first impression with its burgundy color that makes such an elegant contrast with the black bristles and body. And now that we’re on it, let’s not forget to mention that the bristles are very stiff. This is why the hair brush is an amazing choice for normal hair and fine long hair as well.
The hair brush is a lot more than meets the eye and it’s going to brush and detangle your long strands without any tearing or snagging. It even works great on the chemically treated hair.
There’s no compromise when it comes to the quality of the hair brush. From the high quality of the bristles, to the long lasting build and overall quality, the hair brush really stands out as a wise investment for years to come.
It has just the right weight and its design ensures comfortable use. Brushing gets easier and your arms aren’t going to get tired. The hair brush comes with a nylon cleaning brush, checking all the quality boxes of high dollar hair brushes.
Let’s list the main good things:
- It looks classic and elegant
- It comes with very stiff bristles
- It’s great for the fine and normal long hair
- It has a durable build and ensures comfy use
Bells and whistles aside, let’s take a look at the minor issues too:
- It’s not the best choice for the very thick hair, so you need to get informed on which model suits your hair type best
- You do need to open up your wallet for it
Regardless of the minor downsides, for the impressive performance, durability and looks, the hair brush is a true winner for most.
Best Mason Pearson brush for fine hair
8. If you’re ever in need for a pocket sized hair brush that takes care of your fine hair, put your money at stake with the Mason Pearson Pocket Bristle Hair Brush.
Even though its size recommends it as the perfect choice for travelling, the hairbrush may become your reliable hairbrush to use at home. Either way, the hair brush is money well spent any given day.
Just like all the other Mason Pearson hairbrushes, this one also comes with the rubber-cushion pad that ensures effective brushing every single time. The hair brush is gentle enough to massage the scalp, improving the circulation and helping your hair to look better.
The hair brush has a good design and its handle feels nice and sturdy in your hand. The hair brush has just the right weight for a comfortable use. It’s a classic model that brings out the best from the fine, normal and short air. The bristles are fine and present high quality.
The hair brush helps your hair become lustrous and full, easier to manage. The build is solid and the hair brush is going to be a wise investment for the long run.
Listing shortly our pros:
- The hair brush is great for the fine, normal and short hair
- It’s a nice size for a travel bag
- It leaves your hair shiny and easier to manage
- The bristles are fine and the build is long lasting
At the expense of sounding shallow, the minor issues should be overlooked:
- Some expected firmer bristles
- The letters from the handle may ware out, but this shouldn’t make you doubt about the authenticity of the hair brush
As the good outweighs by far the bad, you should never hesitate when running into this model and take it. If not for your home, at least for your trips.
Best Mason Pearson brush for thick hair
9. Able to detangle just fine your thick and long hair, the Mason Pearson Pocket Nylon Hair Brush only comes with one big downside. No, it’s not the price we’re thinking about (let’s get things straight right from the start: you always have to pay the extra buck for any Mason Pearson brush!), but the fact that the brush is going to be so great that you’re going to want to use it at home also, not only when traveling.
Known for the iconic long life span and aesthetics, this model makes no exception and impresses right from the start with its nice design that has an incredibly durable feel to it.
The Mason Pearson Pocket Nylon hairbrush is designed for the pocket and it’s not only easy to use, but also highly performant. It’s a good choice for normal and thick hair, but manages to rise up to the challenges that a thick and long hair type gives.
The compact size is great for easier handling, but it combines just fine with the design so that the hair brush is easy to carry in your handbag when traveling.
The grip is good and sturdy and the hairbrush feels lightweight. The bristles are fine and the brush manages to detangle the long thick hair without snagging or scraping. It actually gives a mild scalp massage and is very gentle on your hair.
The hairbrush gives a nice polished look to your hair and distributes evenly the natural oils. It has a durability feel to it and it’s handmade in England.
Let’s list our favs:
- It’s compact and pocket sized
- It detangles the thick long hair, but works on normal hair too
- It has a solid build and it’s gentle with your hair
- It doesn’t pull or snag your hair
The cons are no reason for one to back down:
- Some feel its lightweight has a hallow feel to it. However, this has nothing to do with the grip
- A curly hair may need another model
All in all, for the amazing build, size and ability to detangle the thick and long hair, the hairbrush should be on your shopping list next time you’re in town.
Best Mason Pearson brush for long hair
10. Brushing your long hair is not an easy task, but you can definitely take it to a whole new level when using the Mason Pearson Universal Nylon Hair Brush.
Versatile and great to use before and after shampooing, the hair brush is a dependable option for all hair types. Its design and shape ensure easy and comfortable handling and the hair brush makes both detangling and hair brushing a breeze. The handle gives a good and solid grip and you’re not going to get tired while brushing your long strands. This doesn’t mean you cannot perfectly use the hairbrush for thick and curly hair.
Well-made and hand crafted in England, the hair brush is a sure choice for all, not only for anyone with long hair. Its orange pneumatic cushion doesn’t just take the shape of your scalp for nicer brushing, but also looks fresh and nice. The hair brush has a junior size and has just the right weight for less strain on your arms when brushing your long hair.
Let’s go over the main good things once again:
- It’s made with nylon bristles
- It has a good size and design for strain less brushing of long hair
- It’s great for all hair types
- It’s well made and looks nice
The inherent flaws shouldn’t stress you much:
- It may give a static effect
- Some expected better results on thick hair
Nevertheless, as it’s dependable, versatile and great for brushing your long hair, the Universal Nylon hairbrush is a good option to have in mind when in need.
Best Mason Pearson brush for long thick hair
11. If you’re sitting on the fence about getting or not a Mason Pearson hair brush, you should give it a g with the Mason Pearson Popular Mixture Hair Brush and get down with it already.
The popularity of the model does speak volume and the hair brush makes no exception from the typical Mason Pearson description. It has a solid build, it’s handmade in England and comes with the famous pneumatic cushion that takes the forms of your scalp, easing the brushing. Additionally, it also ensures an even distribution of the natural sebum, leaving your hair nicer and shinier in time.
This model is highly popular as it’s a great option for the long, thick, coarse and normal hair. It manages to detangle efficiently, without pulling or snagging your hair strands. It doesn’t lead to split ends and doesn’t cause any irritation to your scalp either. Long story short, the hairbrush is going to take good care of your long and thick hair strands, improving the looks of your hair altogether.
Using the hair brush is going to eliminate the dry ends and it’s going to stimulate your hair scalp. The risk for hair static is minimal and the hair brush leaves your hair shiny and beautiful.
Well-made and ensuring a comfortable and sturdy grip, the hair brush is a nice surprise only for one who doubted Mason Pearson hairbrushes.
Highlighting the best parts about the hair brush:
- It detangles the long, thick and coarse hair
- It eliminates dry ends and leaves the hair shiny and smooth
- It doesn’t pull nor snag
- It’s well made and comfortable to use
The inherent flaws don’t make it as deal breakers:
- It’s not a cheap Mason Pearson model
- Some doubt its authenticity
All in all, for the amazing build, reliability and ability to make your long and thick hair all nice and shiny again, the hair brush is a great investment to make for your hair.